e-mail swipe to left far to sensitive

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by deany, Aug 4, 2016.

1. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Is it me but swipe to left is far to sensitive and doesn't give the user an easy choice of options
    In fact a simple slide to left ends up being deleted!
    I think this was a Friday afternoon job, thinking about the weekend, on apples iOS development team.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Try to swipe half way and it wouldn't do that; it only happens when you quickly swipe all the way to the left I appreciate it's annoying though.

You can shake your iOS device if you ever delete an email accidentally. It will come up with a message to undo delete, then it'll be back in your mailbox.

Alternatively you can change the settings to move deleted items to an archive instead, but then that will cause a whole kerfuffle with stuff you actually wanted to delete. So just shake to undo :)

3. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Hi

thanks for the reply it just seems that apple could have made it much easier by swipe to left - HOLD- press for desired option. Instead if I've swiped too much to the leftand the e-mails disappear..... to - who knows where!

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

This is a serious problem happens on me multiple times when using iOS 9 stock mail apps. iOS 10 removes such design and I find myself being easier to not accidently delete emails.

5. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

You should know where. Those settings are all user-defined in:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Swipe Options

And "archived" vs "deleted" is defined for each mailbox you have, in the "Advanced Settings" menu.

6. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

thanks never knew I could do that
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2016 ---

@M
    still too sensitive though please see sharasaki above - just so you know.

7. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Um they go in the trash that's where. You could also shake to undo.

8. aristobrat, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016

aristobrat macrumors G5

When I do a quick left slide starting from the far right of the screen, it pulls up the Trash/Flag/More... menu bar and leaves it there.

If I do the same slide starting in the middle of the screen, it's sensitive to where it just goes to Trash and I don't get a chance to select the other options.

So I only start my left slide in the middle of the screen if I'm trying to trash it on purpose. If want to Flag it/etc, I start my left slide from the right side of the screen.

9. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

thanks for the tip
    --- Post Merged, Aug 5, 2016 ---
    well yes my comment was "tongue in cheek" I think I'm familiar with trash folders
    thanks anyway