Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shooterman, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Shooterman macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2012
    I think I'm missing something I set up my e-mail, works fine except every time I mark them as being read and delete them, and empty the trash they reload as if I never read them and its a circle that never ends. i must be missing some thing in the settings, but I don't know what can someone try and help I'm using the same e-mail as i do on my pc
  2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

May 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX USA

Sometimes your ISP requires that you use their SMTP server for sending message (and marking them read, deleted, etc.). Double-check the settings on your PC and make sure they are the same for the SMTP server.
  3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Oct 14, 2005
    Do you know if you're accessing your email via POP3 or IMAP?

The POP3 protocol doesn't keep things in sync and acts pretty much like how you've described it above.

Personally, I won't use an email service that only allows access via POP3, just because of that.
  4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    This is pretty common with Gmail and the like. The ISP created folders which include things like "All Mail" shuffle deleted messages around.

I delete from all mail, and sent mail, then empty the trash....Gets rid of them eventually.

Most ISP's will delete read mail after 30 day's anyway.