E-mail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silverman418, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Silverman418 macrumors newbie

I got my ipod touch awhile ago and just got the new update! I've been loving it so far! Just recently I've tried to use the e-mail feature. I use hotmail and I'm not sure what to fill in or where I can find the info I need to get the e-mail to work! Help!

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I believe you need the premium hotmail account (plus, i think its called, basically if you pay an annual subscription) Only then you will be able to use the POP3 settings (manually entering it in i think under other).

However i just make a shortcut to add to the home screen as i dont believe i will ever want to pay for hotmail when the free version is just as good.

To add an icon to the home screen (incase you dont know) when in safari touch the plus symbol on the botton bar and touch 'Add to home screen'

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

from reading th enet you need to buy their premium service to get access to hotmail any other way besides the website

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Switch to Gmail or Yahoo or, like the others said, pay for the premium Microsoft mail.

5. aft macrumors regular

Wow if this is true (and it probably is) that really sucks. Yahoo and Gmail both work great, the UI is awesome, I actually prefer to check my mail on my iPod even if I'm sitting at my computer. It is definetly worth the hassle of getting a new email address.

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can also just check the email on Safari, just like you would on a desktop/laptop.