E-mails get deleted on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clumsythief83, Oct 12, 2014.

1. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have a problem with my e-mails on my iphone. For some reason, since I replace my iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6, everytime I check my e-mails on my desktop using outlook, the e-mails on my iphone 6 gets deleted. I think their might be a problem with the synchronization. Any way to fix that? Thanks.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

With a pop3 account that may be normal depending on the settings. With an Exchange account that shouldn't happen. What kind of email account?

3. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

It's a free e-mail account from my ISP.

4. Givmeabrek, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I don't think that reading the email will delete the email from another device. Maybe you are deleting it in Outlook and have the email synched between devices. A little information as to the account type may help clear it up. Exchange, imap, pop3 etc.

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

On a side note, I really feel the need to warn you that having an email address tied to your ISP is a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad idea. If you ever move or switch service, your email address may not be yours for much longer. There are many better and free options out there that are much more advanced and won't give you problems like this. iCloud, Outlook, etc...

6. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

It's a pop3 account. My ISP is Vif Internet.

Incoming and outgoing is mail.vif.com

Thanks for the help guys!