Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Can anyone tell me if the old "fat" style dock connector fits into this? The ones with the push buttons on the side to remove the plug from the connector? My current bumper only fits the new plug which you just pull out to remove.

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Can anyone tell me if the old "fat" style dock connector fits into this? The ones with the push buttons on the side to remove the plug from the connector? My current bumper only fits the new plug which you just pull out to remove.

My 3ft extender plug wouldn't fit and it's barely bigger then the stock one. The stock one barely squeezes in there. But my extender end was able to plug in enough to charge the device, so if you aren't going to be moving it around, you could probably get it to charge. But it probably won't latch..

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
My 3ft extender plug wouldn't fit and it's barely bigger then the stock one. The stock one barely squeezes in there. But my extender end was able to plug in enough to charge the device, so if you aren't going to be moving it around, you could probably get it to charge. But it probably won't latch..

Hmm that sucks because the old dock connectors are just barely thicker than the stock smaller plugs but they don't fit my bumper and it's annoying. Mostly because I have a line out + usb in my car and I can't find one that is the same with the smaller ends so it won't stay put in my car obviously to play music and charge.

Thanks for the response though, good to know, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Hmm that sucks because the old dock connectors are just barely thicker than the stock smaller plugs but they don't fit my bumper and it's annoying. Mostly because I have a line out + usb in my car and I can't find one that is the same with the smaller ends so it won't stay put in my car obviously to play music and charge.

Thanks for the response though, good to know, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

Yeah, that's the same type of connector my gf has in her jeep. It doesnt for this bumper.. It fits perfectly in my otterbox commuter though. I know it's kind of a hard plastic, but maybe you could shave the top/bottom to get it to fit right?

punchdrunk55

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Want to throw in my opinions on this case, I got the hybrid with a black bottom and dark grey top. I put it on my iphone 4s on launch day and I don't feel as if it has moved at all what so ever inside since. Great solid case and it still looks like it is straight out of the package. The only problem I have had is fitting a few headphone jacks in because the hole is too small, (thats what she said) and same problem with the charger. I have been planning on fixing these things at work but have mostly been just too lazy to do it recently. Other than those problems I love this case.

On another note has anyone found a dock adapter that works with this case?

imac2much

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Just an update on my signal loss problems:
I tested this case on two other iphone 4S that my coworkers have, and they do not experience any signal loss at all!!! In the same building, I experience a signal loss of 10-15 db whenever I put the s4v hybrid on. I guess it really does depend on the phone!

I'm upset because I really like the case.... but so do my coworkers, so one of them will buy it from me :(

dtjay7

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
N. CA
Just an update on my signal loss problems:
I tested this case on two other iphone 4S that my coworkers have, and they do not experience any signal loss at all!!! In the same building, I experience a signal loss of 10-15 db whenever I put the s4v hybrid on. I guess it really does depend on the phone!

I'm upset because I really like the case.... but so do my coworkers, so one of them will buy it from me :(

What carrier do you have? I am trying to see if it affects one more than the other. Thanks.

imac2much

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
I have AT&T, and my friend who bought my case has Verizon. However, several people on this thread said they have AT&T and do not experience any signal loss....

Gahau

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Your not alone, i've ordered mine on the 31st, and still no response on my case.

Same here...
Ordered on the 2nd of Nov.
Called Jacob, he informed me that he was out of town the week of the 2nd of Nov, additionaly they are apparently pretty backed up.
I ordered the mate red/mate red, quoting jacob "Hopefully it will ship out this week"

=(

Still waitting

rxmD

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Same here...
Ordered on the 2nd of Nov.
Called Jacob, he informed me that he was out of town the week of the 2nd of Nov, additionaly they are apparently pretty backed up.
I ordered the mate red/mate red, quoting jacob "Hopefully it will ship out this week"

=(

Still waitting

it might depend on the combo you ordered... i ordered a hybrid black+dark grey combo on the first, and it was delivered on the 7th... in europe.

random unrelated side note: the dark colors accentuate the white iphone nicely, but for those of you who are trying to replicate the draco/trunket combo on a white... the front looks kind of bad with the white side bars of the iphone. back looks good though :). i'm pleased enough with mine i suppose

victri

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
NC
Where did you get the headphone plug? I like it :)
Thx

My wife's friend sent it to us from asia. It's called a "Plugy" and there are tons of different designs. I've seen some selling online but they seem to be priced too high ($12-15). For reference, the friend bought it for about $3-4.

Is this case all looks or will it actually protect from a fall.

I feel it does offer a level of protection. We usually drop the phone on its edges, so the bumper should absorb much of the drop impact, though i think it might scratch or dent.

Last edited:

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
I emailed on Monday and they said they would get back to me on Wednesday about my case order (I emailed them on wednesday)..... today is Friday and no email about anything.... :mad::mad:..... not very happy right now with this company.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
I ordered a polished blue/black at the beginning of the week. I emailed Wednesday to enquire about the order. I have received no information. I'm very unhappy and considering filing a PayPal complaint.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
I ordered a polished blue/black at the beginning of the week. I emailed Wednesday to enquire about the order. I have received no information. I'm very unhappy and considering filing a PayPal complaint.

its ok just take a breath, this whole tread is full of people saying good things and no one has given electron money and never received anything. from what the guy said a few post ago the team was at sema auto show and they are a little backed up, it will ship soon.

Gahau

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Well Well Well...
I am actually pretty impress with the company/Jacob.
He took care of me! I cannot disclose our agreement, but lets say that he made it happen!
I ordered the mate red top and bottom, will get it Wednesday or something, will post pics after the break... Huh... after Wednesday!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.