E13ctron hybrid and Teksure carbon backing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by elykoj, Jan 7, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I just ordered my Verizon iPhone 4s and also was wondering if I can use the Hybrid E13ctron bumper a Lucky Labs carbon backing skin and a power support screen protector on the front screen? Will the e13ctron fit ok with these other skins on the front and back?

Also, how do the lucky labs carbon skins hold up over time? I have heard of issues with other brands about them shrinking over time due to the heat of the phone? :confused:

2. Munkypoo7, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

The Hybrid e13ctron works perfectly with the Teksure CF rear skin. I'm actually using that combo right now [with a PS screen protector] :D

As for shrinking, I have yet to notice any, though I think that's only an issue on the leather backings as leather does have a tendency to shrink in extreme heat.

edited for typo :x

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes you can and it'll hold up very well.

4. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys

I am coming from the Android family for the past several years and I have never used a screen protector on any of my past phones. I always thought they degraded the screen and I always had air bubbles when I tried them. Have they gotten better the past several years? It's been a long time since I tried them.

I am getting the 4s to use until the 5 (or 6)' comes out and then I will use my wife's upgrade which will be available in the summer and will give her my 4s:D

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

It will not bubble if you have a reasonable skill to install it. Also PowerSupport is a very nice protector you won't get bubbles on it.

6. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

its shrinking...

my Teksure carbon skin from LuckyLabs is shrinking :mad:. i have only had it on for about 6 weeks now, and i was looking today and noticed its no longer on the very edge of top or bottom of phone and you can see the edge slightly creeping closer to top edge of camera and flash... this sucks. I just emailed them regarding this...

7. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

Huh. That's weird. I've had mine on my phone for a little longer than you have and it's in exactly the same spot as when I put it on. No shrinking at all. Hope you can get this sorted out.