e13ctron s4v Hybrid iPhone 4S Fitment Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Iron Eagle, May 30, 2012.

1. Iron Eagle macrumors newbie

After reading the glowing reviews here and everywhere else, I decided to get the e13ctron Hybrid for my newly acquired iPhone 4S. I have a brand new iPhone 4S with no tapes/skins or padding for the edges. When I put the bumper on yesterday, I noticed that the phone slides very freely inside. What I mean is that it slides up and down inside the bumper (towards the front and towards the back). The liner was installed according to instructions, but it just feels like there should have been two liners. I am by no means nit-picking as the movement is quite large. If I push on the back of the phone it slides to the front and vice versa. I am quite disappointed but since I could not find a single other occurrence on the forum I wanted to check with you guys to see if you think it's a manufacturing defect. Yes, I bought it straight from e13ctron, yes, the screws are tight, and yes, I ordered for the 4S and it says it's for the Verizon iPhone on the instructions (I have Sprint).

What gives? The way it is right now the bumper is completely useless. If I set it down flat on the table the movement causes the phone to fall down towards the back. If I pick it up and tap on the back plate it moves toward the front... :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

I have two e13ctron s4v's (granted, they aren't the hybrid versions) and the fit on both of them are very precise and snug.

It sounds like you may not have pushed the phone all the way down. What I mean is that when you install the bumper, you need to make sure the phone is completely seated in the bottom part first by pushing down on it, rather than just resting it on the liner. That's what keeps it from moving around. You'll definitely be able to feel/hear it kind of snap into place.

3. Iron Eagle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response Boston. I called e13ctron and we've determined that they must have sent me the wrong back part. They're sending me the correct part and I will try that once I receive it. I thought something couldn't be right...