E2118 Imac Problem That I Need Advice On..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PerformancePcs, Oct 13, 2012.

1. PerformancePcs macrumors newbie

Hi all.

I have in the shop a 2006 EMC2118 20" Intel Core 2 Duo imac. Have took it in as part exchange against a newer 2009 24" and have jsut got around to looking it over.. The problem is this.

LED 1 is lit when power is fed to the unit. Power button pressed, no boot, nothing but LED 1 is constantly lit... so power supply is ok..

Heres where it gets a little wierd...

Upon taking the display panel off and disconnecting from the inverter and logic board, It fires up perfectly. Led1 & LED2 light up, ive got sound, jsut no LED3 as no panel connected..

Upon reconnecting the panel to the logiv board, and boot up, all 3 leds fires and all good, but no display due to the inverter being disconnected...

Connect the inverter, and nothing... I realise that the inverter is a major high voltage part (as I found out when I blew my self up on it this morning... ) But can a faulty inverter stop the system booting and powering? or could it be a power supply problem, or both?

Any help on this one would be fantastic..

Kai

2. PerformancePcs thread starter macrumors newbie

Really could do with help on this one peeps as All diagnostics are drawing a complete blank.. What I do know is that the MLB is fine..