Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ardex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Does anyone have the long termed experience by using E5830 to share wifi signal? Is the quality of wifi signal good or not? Seems like just need one device then, u can receive the wifi through E5830(function of USB wireless and wifi ap) Is it good for people who use outside with less Internet demand, isn't it?

Eg.
1) in house, we can have the Internet from modem and wireless ap
2) outside, we can have E5830 to share for IPAD, Iphone, Laptop. I mean we just need one 3G sim card then share for all gadgets! If so, should we pay for IPAD 3G?

Just now hoping the Rev. E583x can have longer battery and affordable price! One more thing concern about is the wifi signal sharing for IPAD ... good quality or not? 'Cos sometimes I doubt IPad's wifi. Any ideas?:)

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
Don't expect any answers from USA customers because the Huawei e5830 isn't compatible with USA 3G networks. It uses the 2100MHz 3G band which US networks do not use.

I own and use an e5830 with our networks here in the Philippines. Very pleased with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.