Eager to get ios12

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by I-user, Jun 8, 2018.

1. I-user Suspended

I-user

I’m not a developer. Just an inpatient person wanting to get the iOS 12 beta. Last year I waited for the public one when it came out and that was great. I don”t really want to wait till the end of the month. I could just download the profile and go beta now.

It seems pretty stable and not too many issues. Seems like the most stable beta ever.

Any reason I should really wait for public beta?

2. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I thought it was just out for developers. I think you have to pay to register as a developer if I am recalling correctly.

3. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

If you have a secondary device, back up and go for it. Nothing to fear about. But I don't recommend install it on your main phone. Yes the beta is generally stable for now, but you never know what could be happen the moment you need your phone the most and you are not at home to restore back to iOS 11.

Personally, I install it on my iPads. I'll install it in a month or two on my phone if things continue to be stable enough.

4. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Agree with above... if you have a secondary device go for it, but I wouldn’t put it on your primary device quite yet. I’m hearing about a lot of app crashes so there is definitely a chance that an app you use may not work properly on it.

5. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

If you want to be like this guy:

Go for it :)

6. I-user thread starter Suspended

I-user

That’s insane. Thanks for all the replies. I’ll wait for public beta 1 or 2.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Best beta I’ve ever tried by far. All of my apps work as normal, it’s much much faster than iOS 11.4, very stable... I haven’t had to restart for any reason. And my battery life has remained the same.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

There’s a couple of key apps (for me) that are currently non-functional on iOS 12. Once those are patched up, I’ll probably jump in.

9. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

A couple of times I've had to delete and reinstall crashing apps, or restart my phone from it. Little things that add up overtime. A decently stable beta tho and I am running it on my personal device. Definitely use a secondary device if you have one tho. Better safe than sorry.

10. tt061282 macrumors regular

tt061282

I have my iPhone 6s on iOS 12 Beta and it is running great. Actually my be faster then before. I installed a new battery from Apple phone feels like new again.

11. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

So I jumped on beta 1 of iOS 12 on my iPhone X last week. And I have to say this has to be the smoothest beta 1 i've ever been on and I've tried most.

The phone feels so much more snappier (yeah i know lol) and being able to swipe up to close apps without holding anymore feels real good.

I'm liking the subtle changes across the board in all native apps. And my battery life is the same as when I was on iOS 11 so I've not felt the need to downgrade i like i had to when iOS 11 beta 1 came out.

All in all I'd advise anyone whos interested to try it out. If you're on an iPhone X.

12. tt061282 macrumors regular

tt061282

How about an iPhone 8? I put it on my 6s just to use and it’s been like a dream on it. After replacing the battery and putting iOS 12 on the 6S I’m thinking of selling the 8 lol.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am using it on my main device, iPhone X. It has been the most stable beta I have used, and it actually runs better than IOS 11 ever has.

14. gjamesm42 macrumors member

Same experience here. So glad I went for it.

15. Ansath macrumors newbie

Ansath

Ignore that video, there’s a whole thread about how he’s a clickbait junkie.

There are some issues, but his one is in the small percentage.

There are significantly more people that say it’s one of the better Betas. There’s always going to be apps that don’t fully work and other issues.

My advice is to read the App Compatibility thread, see is ant apps are showstoppers for you. Then if you want to, go for it! Make sure you make a backup, you can always go back to 11.4.

16. Geert76 macrumors 65816

did you do the iOS 12 update OTA or via IPSW?

17. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It is OTA. Last time I checked, the IPSW is not available for download from the developer portal.

18. Geert76 macrumors 65816

ah okay...thanks. So OTA is the only option, so far.

I am still holding off, but on the other hand very eager to try it out on my iPhone X.

I read a lot of good stories about this very first iOS 12 beta. Only some GPS problems as I have read on several sites/forums

19. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The next release, which will probably be Tuesday, could be a lot worse than the current one. That is how it goes sometimes. Be mindful of that.

20. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Must not have looked too hard... it's right there on the Downloads tab...

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 10.09.32 AM.png

21. BasicGreatGuy, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Yea, I missed it. I remember downing the profile day one, but didn’t see the actual file.

Edited to add: Thanks for posting. I went ahead and downloaded it.