Ear Buds

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by efp722, Aug 28, 2008.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

I was just wondering if anyone still uses the included earbuds. I used to hate them (like the originals from the older models) But I have recently fallen in love with my touchs earbuds.

So who uses what and why?

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I use the headphones that came with my iPhone 3g. I think they are comfortable and I like the mute button that is located on the headphone wire.

Cheers.

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I can use any headphones, but I prefer in-ear ones for their conveniently small size and the way that others can't hear what's playing on them.

Of the in-ear headphones out there, rubber/foam are by far the best. They stay on much better and don't hurt your ears as much over long periods of time (I use iLuv's, they have built-in volume controls).

I also have some over-ear headphones that I use when I'm at home (Sony Studio Monitor or something).

4. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I used to use them when, I didn't care about sound quality :eek:. Now I happily use a pair of Bang&Olufsen A8's, fantastic sounding earphones. I can't stand the Apple ones, nor can I stand Bose now, getting rid of my QC2's :p

Victor

5. izibo macrumors 6502

I stopped using regular ear buds several years ago in favor of noise-isolating ear buds. I now use my iPhone on the absolute lowest volume setting instead of having to set it to a third or halfway up. It's no wonder people are going deaf left and right!

6. California King macrumors 65816

Those earbuds are pretty horrible. They fall out too easily and sound quality is below average.

7. henchosbandito macrumors member

I used to use the earphones that came with my ipod touch. you only realise how inferior the sound quality is when you start using higher quality earbuds. Currently i am using sennheiser cx400 earbuds and the sound quality is outstanding - so much so that it pains me to listen to music with the apple earbuds as you know how much better your music can sound.

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I don't like Apple ear buds because I could never keep them in my ear. I use an in-ear heaphone and now I spend my time listening to music instead of picking up and putting my old Apple ear buds back in.

9. Viremia macrumors regular

I use the Apple ear buds only when listening at work. I don't want sound-blocking buds in my ears making it impossible to hear what others are saying or if the phone is ringing. Usually, I'm only listening to podcasts so hifidelity is not that important. However, when not at work I use my Shure E3c in-ear monitors which have far greater sound and block out unwanted noise.

10. OliverS macrumors member

I use my Sennheiser CX400 earbuds, and I like them very much. The earbuds you get with your iPod, iPhone, iPod Touch or whatever are also fine, but since music is such a big part of my life, I really wanted to get some good earbuds to get a good experience when listening to music.

11. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I used the Apple earbuds for a good 3 years, then I wanted to try something better. Since the Apple In-Ear buds were another $15 I went and bought them. They did not fit me at all, and they sounded just as bad. DO NOT BUY. So I then went back to using the stock buds for another 6 months while I picked which to buy. It was on a flight to Florida in the back of the plane when I realized I needed better buds. I stopped in at a Bose store in a mall, and bought myself the In Ear ones. I loved them for 2 years, having them replaced 5 times because of breakage. When they recently broke on me again, I did not want to have to keep going through my 3 month headphone cycles, and decided it was time for something new. I went and tried on all the Shure earphones at the Apple store, and the SE110s were okay, but not as good as the Bose, the 210s were better than the Bose, but not quite amazing, and the 310s were AMAZING. I ended up going with the 210s because of my 14-year-old budget, and I am loving them. They took a bit to get used to, but now that I have had them, I have started to re-rip all my music at a higher bitrate because I can now hear the artifacts.

Long story short--the Bose In-Ear are pretty good for their price (much better than the V-Moda's, which my mom uses), and the Shures, while the 110s are not as good as the Bose, spend the extra cash and go for the higher models, and you will love them.

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I'm another one to recommend the B&O A8s - they're fantastic earbuds...

13. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Bose In-ears good?? :eek::eek: They're actually one of their worst products, if not the worst. Sorry bro, I find a pair of much cheaper Sennheiser PX100 (49$ at amazon) perform easily 10 times better. IMO the Bose IE are not worth the money, the total lack of midrange and HF makes me absolutely hate them, reason why they're gathering dust in some drawer in my bedroom. And as if the sound was terrible enough their quality suck, my pair started to peel its cable nearly 4 months after the purchase and forum member Luis had his pair die last week, only 8 months old. Other Bose products are naturally bass monsters but do have a little of midrange and some sort of HF (they still lack both) these ones don't, but hey, if you like then thats the most important thing.

Victor

14. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I soldered in some in-ear pioneer buds to replace the iphone 2g headphones. Keeping the multifunction button was essential:D

15. Funplex macrumors regular

My sister loves the apple earbuds, but I never enjoyed the newer style ones. When I bought my touch, I saved the earbuds and ended up giving them to her when her old ones died. I don't know why, but she wont use any kind of headphone except the earbuds.

16. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I think I said that I liked them until I heard something else. Other than them, the only somewhat better headphones I had a chance to try were the V-Moda Vibes, and they just completely sucked for me. Once I tried the Shure's, I could not go back. They left the Bose in the dust by a long shot. I had my pair replaced 5 times under warranty though, so I can say that they have an excellent warranty for a poor product.;)