Ear dialing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Al Coholic, May 5, 2011.

1. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

It pisses me off. I'm talking and my ear touches the speaker/mute buttons or starts to dial something on the keypad.

Do I have deformed ears? :eek:

Why does the gyro in the iP4 turn on the screen when I move my phone during a call? Yes... I know that's to give me access to more buttons but I'd rather have an option to disable this. At the very least, "teach" the damn sensor to activate the screen when the iPhone is laying somewhat flat.

End of ear rant.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

could be a faulty proximity sensor, id try and return it, the screen should stay off untill your move it away from your ear

3. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

If you jailbreak you can get CallLock from Cydia. Allows you to lock your phone even while on a call so that your face can't turn off the call or push buttons.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

You can test the earpiece speaker and the proximity sensor by using the stock voice memo app. Just record something and in the playback menu you have the option to play through the speaker or the earpiece. When using the earpiece the prox sensor is active and will blank the screen.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

There's also Call Guard if you're not jailbroken but it's not nearly as efficient to use as CallLock.

6. Mistyblades macrumors newbie

Mine does the same thing almost EVERY call! What a pain!