Ear pain and pressure due to Beats studio 2.0

v.padmanabhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Hi all,

I experience ear pressure, and pain in my middle ear and sometimes in my nerves when hearing music in Beats Studio 2.0, I am unable to hear for more than 10 to 15 minutes continuously though I hear only with less than half than the maximum volume. I am unsure whats the exact problem, whether is it only due to the noise cancellation feature. Unfortunately i can't switch it off too. Any guidance would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
It's because you bought beats :(

On a serious note, try another pair of the same earphones - maybe it's just yours?

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Hi all,

I experience ear pressure, and pain in my middle ear and sometimes in my nerves when hearing music in Beats Studio 2.0, I am unable to hear for more than 10 to 15 minutes continuously though I hear only with less than half than the maximum volume. I am unsure whats the exact problem, whether is it only due to the noise cancellation feature. Unfortunately i can't switch it off too. Any guidance would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Venkatesh
Stop using it... You really needed to ask advice for that answer?

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
I don't have that issue with noise cancellation headphones, but from what I know. It is the noise cancellation causing you to feel ear pain/pressure. It may not be Beats-specific. Bose, Audio-Technica, any others may also cause you similar pain. You should try them to double-check.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Hi all,

Thanks,
Venkatesh
I experinced the same thing, then I exchanged them with the Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone (Matte Black), so much better. I'm actually extremely happy with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.