Ear Receiver problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aliensporebomb, May 7, 2012.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

My iPhone 4S 32 gig has been plugging away like usual until recently it seems that when taking calls with the phone up to my head the ear speaker (some call it the 'receiver') seems to be operating at a reduced level.

If I am walking from my car to a store while talking on the phone the sound of surrounding vehicles and wind make it virtually impossible to hear what's happening in the conversation until I get into the store.

When I work from home and make work calls I use the headphones with the little microphone on them since when I crank the volume all the way up I can at least hear out of them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did they reduce the overall level of the sound output in the last update to prevent people from going deaf listening to loud music?

2. aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Update

It started getting worse. The girl at the local Apple genius bar dubbed it as "everyone sounds like the peanuts teacher talking". They swapped the phone with a like equivalent.

Resolved.