Ear Speaker Not Working?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tsice19, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Hi All. Tried to make a call today, and after waiting for about 30 seconds realized I wasn't hearing anything. I tried calling another person, and had no luck. So then I tried using the speaker phone and the call worked fine. I had the person continuously hum while I switched between speaker and ear piece and the ear piece never worked.

How should I go about getting this fixed? I'm still in warranty and never got the phone wet. It also has dust under the screen.

Thanks,
    Tim

(sorry for the bad english/briefness of this, I'm in a rush)

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Take the iPhone on a trip to an Apple Store, and have a Genius sort the problem out.

3. devonxo macrumors member

I'm having a similar issue. Yesterday the phone was working fine all day, and then a half hour later I went to go make another call, I discovered the ear speaker volume was very low and now every once in a while it makes crackling sounds both on speaker phone and through the ear speaker. It's really hard to hear through the ear speaker now. This is a refurb I've only had for about two months or so, no water damage whatsoever.

Made an appointment for the iPod bar tonight, hopefully they'll replace it.

4. celticbhoy67 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem its when u are using the earphones then you take them out and make or reciev a call u cant hear them,u need to reebot ur phone after using earphones.