Earbud Advice Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Jul 26, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I am looking for a pair of earbuds, with a mic, to use with my iPhone 3g. I should say that I am not a big music listener - I listen to podcasts, mostly, so I don't need something super fancy. I like the in-ear type, b/c they are the only ones that I can hear when the subway roars by.

I really like the eabuds that apple makes (not the stock ones that come with the iPhone, the other ones, that actually go in the ears), but they don't make those with a mic.

I had 2 pairs of the V-modas, but both broke after a couple months, and I'm not willing to give them another shot.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks

2. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

I use Sennheiser's MM50 iP earbuds with my 3G iPhone and really like them. Good seal to block out noise (I'm also a straphanger and need to block out all that roar), very nice sound overall including good bass (that's not overpowering). The mic works well and I haven't had any complaints about clarity from callers. The mic's control button is small and a little difficult to click without looking for it, but I've gotten better about being able to find it blind. Ordered mine from Amazon; they seem to be the same price ($100 US) all over.

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

skull candy full metal jacket headphones for the iPhone
    http://www.abt.com/product/35773.html?source=froogle

best headphones ive used (with a mic, bose in ears are much better than anything else, but no mic)

the sound is good, the mic sounds good, theres a button for use just like the stock headphones

oh yea, and theres a LIFETIME replacement guarntee
    all you do is send them an email that your headphones are broken, and then mail them the end jack (you cut it off) and they replace the headphones for FREE. ive already done it twice on mine (both times i broke them myself, they didnt malfucntion) and all it cost me was the stamps to mail the jack

you'll never have to buy headphones again

4. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. After researching all these suggestions a bit - I think i'm gonna go with the Skullcandys.

Thanks!!!

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

you wont be disappointed. although you might want to hold off for a bit, if you can. they recently pulled them from their website because theyre introducing their new headphone lines, so its only a matter of time before they release a newer, and likely better version

6. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Don't get the Skullcandy. It really sounds terrible. Go with the Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi/5vi or the Etymotic HF-2.

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i disagree
    i have them and they sound AMAZING.
    the only problem is theyre a bit uncomfortable. use the COMPLY foam tips

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I have skullcandy and I'm not an audiophile ... but I can tell you they sound terrible.

I'm waiting for my Griffin's to come in. I hope they sound better.

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i had a great experience with my v-moda's. i had the vibes for my touch and thought they had good sound and seemed quite sturdy. would still be using them if i hadn't sold them with my touch!