Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rex a henderson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2012
So many people love their personal earphones and are willing to pay big bucks for great sound. I can't see paying so much for something that you can have for minimal $$$. We 'sheeople' think if it's expensive it must be better. What a crock to real life. Many times simple, easy, low cost w/top quality do go hand-in-hand. Well, I love great quality and great sound. I say my new, less than $8.00/pr., in ear headphones will rival great sound from Monster Beats, Klipsch, MME, Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, etc.. The new JVC Riptidz will make believers out of your ears too. They're sweat-proof, comfortable and only $7.98 @ Wal-Mart. Get off your high dollar high horse and realize top quality isn't always expensive. The truly wise will learn more than headphone advice here. Enjoy your new experience, grow, and God bless!!

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Glad they work for you, but ask anyone who knows anything about sound quality. There's no way they come near any of the brands you listed. Klipsch, Sennheiser, and Bose make some of the highest quality headphones and rival the even more expensive brands. Their products wil also far outlive anything cheap like that.

Last edited:

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Their products wil alsol far outlive anything cheap like that.

This. The initial price is higher than the 10 bucks for cheapies, but you save money in the long run because it is sturdier, and if it breaks, you have the ability to get it fixed for a modest fee. Some earphones need to be completely replaced if something breaks, but depending on the model, you can separate the buds from the cable, thereby being able to better figure out what's wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.