earbud jack issue anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Four oF NINE, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

My 4S jack receptor doesn't seem to have a good tight spring connector inside.. When I first tried using the iPod function on a walk with my dog, it kept pausing, you had to play with the jack and get it 'just so' for it to play through the earbuds.. In the course of a 45 minute walk, I had this issue about 8 times.

Yes, I have a case, and no, that isn't the problem.. The earbuds are Apple earbuds with the microphone.

Any ideas? Anyone?

2. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

3. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

It may be that the spring action is TOO tight. Make sure the plug is firmly and fully inserted all the way. I've seen this happen with a lot of Apple products.

4. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Thanks for answering, but I can tell you it's absolutely no way too tight.. it's extremely loose in the connector, hardly any resistance at all putting it in or pulling it out..

I suppose I can exchange it, but man, what hassle.. The return places will be impossible for weeks..

5. lamirona macrumors newbie

Earbuds don't work right with 4S

I'm having the same problem; it's as if the jack is just a tiny bit too small. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get the earbuds shipped with the phone to work properly, or am I going to have to buy a Bluetooth?