Earbuds! Looking for best sound isolation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GuyInTheBack, Apr 8, 2009.

1. GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

I think its safe to say that the ibuds are utter crap. I've gone through three pair in 2 years.

I now realize that I end up changing every 5 months because they just don't last.

Granted, I mistreat them. Rolled up in pockets, stuffed in backpack, etc.

But I HAVE to believe that there's a solid pair out there that has the 4 things I absolutely NEED:

a) Durability.

b) sound isolation. I'm always at the library and too anal to stand my music being heard so I usually keep it very, very low. I'd like to change that.

c) Earbuds...I hate headphones.

d) Nothing too outrageous price-wise.
    I had an old pair passed down by the guy who sold me my iphone. It was amazing but unf. i lost one of the earbud cushions (has to be screwed in) so I cant use it anymore. It was azur blue, no name or label on it, white ear cushions, a MICROphone (with just a press 'on/off' and 'mic' on it). If anyone knows this brand I'd love to track it down.

I would be HUGELY appreciative. :)

2. p.luik macrumors regular

3. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

4. clockwrkz macrumors newbie

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Goldring GX200's

The Foam supplied gives the comfiest seal i have ever had.

6. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

7. nutritious macrumors 6502

ditto on the sennheiser cx300. they are awesome for the price. Only thing is they are heavy on the bass so mids and highs will suffer, but they are good for the price.

8. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

Apple In-Ear Headpones

The new Apple In-Ear Headphones are really good at sound isolation. The other day I was standing on a pedestrian bridge that goes over some railroad tracks. I stopped on the bridge for a few minutes looking over the side of the bridge and apparently a train was coming from behind me. I didn't know there was a train until it went under the bridge and came out in front of me. And this train was doing around 70mph so it was really loud, but i couldn't hear it at all until I took one of the headphones out.

9. Trimmer2 macrumors member

I REALLY like my SE530's! I know they are expensive but, I think they are worth it! The best part is that my ipod nano fits in the earphone's carrying case for a nice and tidy package in my brief case.