Earbuds....Shure, Bose or Klipsch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NYRangers11, Aug 19, 2011.

1. NYRangers11 macrumors member

Interesting in picking up a better set of earbud headphones. I'm in the $50 to $100 range. I was looking at the Shure Se115, the Bose or the Klipsch S4i. Wanted some opinions on which one is better? Thanks.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Don't have experience with the other two, but I've had a pair of Bose earbuds for about 3 years now. Used approx. 5 hours a day at work everyday since I bought them. Still terrific sound quality. (Although at work, I don't up the volume to 100%). The only issue after all the use is that the ear fitting plastic attachments are starting to wear down a little and tend to fall off when I pull them out of my pocket sometimes.

3. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I'm far From a Bose lover, but I think for under the 100 dollar range the ie2 is the best I've heard. The klipsch is more accurate but its very grating in the treble. Bose's "signature sound" works to it's advantage on those IMO. I just recently bought the bowers & Wilkins c5, my only gripe is that the fit is not as conformable as the Bose! Take this as you will..

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

None of the above. Get something from Ultimate Ears.

5. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

the klipsch i have them too and they are awesome

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Bose are Terrible

Umm..

http://www.head-fi.org/user/young+spade

If you look at my headphone list, that shows what I got (albeit that was 2 years ago). Those IEMs were some of the best at that time. I would suggest looking at that site and reading (Read: Reading) to educate yourself on the matter.

There are a TON of high end headphones out there (well in this case it would be the low end) that will really give you value for the money. And by value, I mean real sound.

Bose = ~40 dollar quality. Seriously. And no, I'm not harping on Bose as a fanboy either.