Earbuds with remote/mic, cost is an issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rKunda, May 30, 2010.

1. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Hi guys,

I've done some searching around, but haven't been able to find anything devoted to what I am looking for.

I've almost always used Apple's earbuds. I have tried in-ear headphones but I don't particularly like them—largely because I am usually listening to stuff at work and need to hear what's happening around me, too. I don't care /too/ much about sound quality. I am almost always listening to audiobooks or podcasts, so hitting those deep basses is a non-issue. =)

I'm basically looking for a better version of the iPhone earbuds (with controls/mic) because mine are on the way out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Oh, and price is kind of an issue. I don't want $99+ headphones—the lower cost the better.

2. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Oh my lord, if you'd actually done any searching on this forum, you'd have found exactly what you're looking for. If it were a snake, it would've bitten you. SEARCH, people, please. Okay, rant done.

Here's what you want.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IDR65...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275277674&sr=8-2

If 50 bucks is still too much money, they make a 30 dollar version as well. I have the 30 dollar version and they work just fine. Fits your needs perfectly.

Edit to add: Here's another. They're Sony brand. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDREX38iP-BLK-Earbud-Control/dp/B002M78JA2/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3

3. rKunda thread starter macrumors 65816

rKunda

Many thanks for the links. Less thanks for the rest.

4. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

5. capecod565 macrumors member

I too am looking for a hands-free set for my new iPhone. Its hard to do housework while holding your slippery iPhone, and I certainly dont want to drop it!

The set that came with it, has OK listening, but as for full volume with the speaker, whoever I am talking to, almost cannot hear me. Tried this with another family member, couldnt hear them well either.

I like the Sony ones that were linked here, but I found this in the CellPhoneShop where I used to buy stuff for my old phones,
    http://www.cellphoneshop.net/stheforapipb.html
    Anybody have one of these or an opinion, price almost too low to believe,,,,
    Thank you.

6. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Amazon.com had a blithering array of earbuds with mics which were cheap cheap cheap, and had very high satisfaction ratings from users. Give their search engine a try and prepare to be astonished at the selection they offer. I was thinking of picking up a pair of the earbud/mics for my Gen 2 iPod Touch so I can use the memo function.

7. capecod565 macrumors member

Thank you,
    having such an amazing choice is a bit confusing for me.
    Its odd that the ones that come with the iPhone have the volume problem.
    I think its the only thing that Apple has that doesn't work well.

I will do a bit more searching on Amazon's site, but seems everything that Ive ever bought from that cellphoneshop site, has been very very good, and at a very low price.

(Im also looking at how to tether my iPhone like I did with my old Samsung, as having it around my neck kept me from dropping it many times. My iPhone is slippery.
    Though I just did buy an excellent waterproof case with a tether, for kayaking.)

8. nateprentice macrumors newbie

nateprentice

Looking for OUT OF EAR iphone headphones with mic

Hi guys. I'm partially deaf and wear hearing aids, so in-the-ear headphones are not an option. Anybody know of a decent set? Under $100 is OK.

9. nateprentice macrumors newbie

nateprentice