Earbuds with remote that aren't plug type?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SuperSnake2012, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I'm basically looking for earbuds that are the same style as the iPhone OEM pair, that has higher audio quality. I really dislike earbuds that are like ear plugs, and that's all I can seem to find. I currently have a pair of Yuin PK3s that I absolutely love, but the lack of a remote is a little annoying when I'm walking with my iPhone. I would like headphones with a remote for controlling the iPhone, as well as a microphone. Thanks!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I suggest you mod your pair of PK3.s using the ONE's remote not hard to do. From all I've heard the PK3.s are the best out of that style. Personally I'm a IEM guy.

3. duffc macrumors newbie

4. petethepanda macrumors member

I just came here to make this EXACT topic! I'm also looking for the best moderately priced earbuds (not in-ear) that have a remote/mic. I like being able to still hear my surroundings when out and about, I have a much nicer pair of headphones for when I'm just sitting somewhere.

I'm honestly just thinking of dropping the $30 on another pair of the ones that came packaged with the phone, I was actually pretty okay with them, but it'd still be cool if there is an alternative that sounds a bit better.

5. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Ditto! I bought a Nano for my bf and also got him the iPhone headphone kit so he could remote control it (damn that touch screen!)

He'd prefer something more solid that he can pop off and hang around his neck (like the old Sony walkman ones). I still want the remote for him though.