Earbuds

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Holmes89, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

I purchased an iPod touch in August and already my earbuds have become worn out. I'm looking at purchasing a new pair but I wanted to see if anyone would be able to recommend a nice pair of earbuds. I've had problems in the past finding a pair that fit right in my ear and the iPod headphones seem to fit the best. But the sound is not the best out of the earbuds and they are a little overpriced (just for the fact that people know you have an ipod by the white earbuds, which I kind of like :p) but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Holmes89 thread starter macrumors regular

Holmes89

also will the new ipod headphones with the mic work with an old ipod touch? (Gen 1)

3. klayman676 macrumors newbie

klayman676

I use the Skull Candy Ink'd, $20 at Besty Buy, comes with 3 sizes of buds small, medium and large. Good deal, good sound quality. If u want a little better quality go for the $30 Skull Candy Smokin' Buds. :D

4. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

+1 for the smokin buds I have a pair and their great the only con is the gels can easily be lost so be careful.

5. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I agree with the Skullcandy comments, however I have gone through 4 pairs now... One was my fault. on the other three one of the buds stopped working. The current pair I have now I have had for maybe 4 months and the right ear bud dropped out and no longer works. I'm going to email Skullcandy though and maybe get a replacement since they have a lifetime limited warranty. If you can keep them going they are greah headphones (I suggest not wrapping the cord around yur iPod, i think that may be the reason mine are going bad)

6. senter(left) macrumors newbie

7. mercuryrsng macrumors newbie

Definitely recommend the Skull Candy Ink'd...amazing range and I have seen them as low as $14.99 at Target..

8. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I got a pair of really nice VModa earbuds. I bought them at Costco for about $50, they are the in-ear style so they block a considerable amount of outside noise (and I find myself not listening with the volume up as high anymore as a result), and they have incredible sound quality.

The headphones came with two adapters: one with the two prongs for use on airplanes, and a 1/4" adapter. They also came with a nice semi-hardshell carrying case with zippered pockets for the phones and adapters on one side, and sleeves for two iPods on the other side.

I can't find them on Costco.com but there are some other nice looking buds which appear to be similar, and about $10 less in cost!

The ones I got can be found here: http://www.v-moda.com/headphones/sport.aspx but you can't order from that site!

Hope that helps!

SLC

9. three macrumors 6502a

three

Same here. :) V-Moda is ages better than Skullcandy.

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i too am looking for a new set of buds...I've read online that they break very easily can anyone comment.
    Also shure is coming out with a new model "SE115" Do you think they will be much better then the SE110. I previously had a the e2cs and love them but the right bud broke :(

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone? :eek:

12. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I can't comment on the shure buds, but I've been nothing but happy with my V-Moda ones! I don't get the impression that they will break easily at all.

13. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I have the cheaper end V-Moda ear buds and I love them. Nice sound and blocks out external noise very well. They were cheap so I don't mind wrapping them around my ipod and just throwing it anywhere. I've had no issues with them breaking yet and I definitely don't take good care of them. I've been using them for about 6-8 months now and still really enjoy them.

These are the ones I bought:
    http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Bass-Freq-Earbuds-Bling/dp/B000FUESSU/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

How do they sound? I've got the ones a step up from there, and they're great!

Oh and I can comment on the SkullCandy buds, they're crap! They sound pretty decent (especially for the price) but you'll be replacing them in short order. I went through one set in about a month, and my brothers have all been through 3 or 4 a piece.

SLC

15. RITmusic2k macrumors member

RITmusic2k

Another vote for in-ear-monitors.

I have a pair of Etymotic ER-6 IEMs that are absolutely unbelievable. This model is designed to be more of a reference monitor with a relatively flat response...

...but they also make the ER-6i, which is tailored for use with portable media devices; they're tuned to provide a stronger bass response.

They'll cost you, but they're very robust and provide excellent audio quality and a good 35dB of isolation. They retail for well over $100 but you can find them on amazon or ebay for somewhere around $70.

16. DYER macrumors 6502

Hmm I just bought the SE420's (awaiting delivery) but I have heard good things of the SE210's if you can stretch to those I doubt you will be dissapointed. To be honest I do not think the SE115 are worth the wait or the price premium for being new... As the shures are a few years old since a refresh they prices are very very good (I got my SE420's for £150 instead of when they came out at a price of £270)