Earliest Delivery by UPS Next Day Air?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman13, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I will be at home tomorrow all day, except in the early morning when I'm bringing my daughter to daycare (at like 7-7:45). What is the earliest that UPS starts deliveries for Next Day Air (code 01)? I know they are supposed to be delivered by 10:30, but I don't want them delivering at like 7:20 and I miss the drop off and have to wait until Monday. Anyone know?

2. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

Even if they deliver that early, you'd still be able to go to the UPS station and get it yourself Friday night when the truck returns.

FWIW - UPS usually delivers to business first - even with NDA deliveries to residences on their truck.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If your only gonna be gone for about an hour print out the pre-sign form and tape it to your door.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

I would be leary of leaving out a presigned form.

Makes it easy for the delivery guy to steal the phone. Let us not forget that many 4's were stolen.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

???

6. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

7. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

When do your usual UPS deliveries come? I would assume they would arrive at that time. There is no way they can guarantee that many phones by 10:30.

9. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

There are several next day options. Likely the cheapest was used which would be delivery by 3PM. Only next day early which guarantees by 10AM would get you the phone at that time.

It will depend where you are on their route. If you're more towards the beginning you'll get it earlier.

10. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i will be home all day... but i still pay for daycare... must be nice to live in that upper 1 percent that the democrats are always speaking.

as stated in other threads this is not a next day air guarantee on the iphone. so if you are lucky you should expect your phone by early after noon you should be more concerned with the time you need to go back to pick up your daughter.