Early 08 Glossy LED display vs late 08 Glass LED display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MKnight, Oct 28, 2008.

1. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

Just my 0.02 here but a couple a days ago I went to the local Apple store where I saw a 17" Macbook Pro with Glossy LED and next to it a new 15" Macbook Pro.

I have to say, the glossy display on the early 08 doesn't look very good, but compared to the newer all Glass LED, I have to say the new screen is considerably different AND better than the old one.

Anyways, just a thought...

2. ftbps macrumors member

Hahaha, for me the old matte screen is much better. I have glasses and astigmatism. I think peope with glasses will not like glossy screens.

3. the mac geek macrumors member

I wear glasses and have an astigmatism as well, no problems here.

4. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

i have stigmatism and wear contacts
    glossy doesnt bother me either

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

For variety, I wear glasses half the time, doesn't bother me either way ;)

6. OmahaGTP macrumors member

It's threads like these that doesn't make my 'get an old MBP matte/glossy or a new one' decision any easier.:p

7. MKnight thread starter macrumors regular

MKnight

Walk into an Apple store and judge yourself :) Not everyone will feel the same. I was skeptical but I'm starting to like these new displays...

8. bielen macrumors regular

I have glasses and astigmatism and actually prefer the glossy screen. The brightness and clarity make it easier on my eyes, but I can understand how the glossy issue can be a factor in brightly lit rooms or outdoors.

9. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

That's what you have to do. I was also skeptical and had always selected matte screens on any laptops or desktop displays I bought. Bought a new MBP, haven't sold the old one yet, set them side-by-side and there's absolutely no doubt which screen I prefer. The new one all the way.

10. isethx macrumors regular

you know i was always leaning towards a glossy screen MBP, but whenever i was in the apple store with the over head lights there was a major glare on the screen and i thought "yuck!"

with the new model i have to say in the apple store the glare is by far less and the screen looks MUCH better!

i'm just waiting on the new 17" now

11. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

Hmm...glasses, astigmatism, and nearsightedness...and I love my glossy macbook! No glass for me tho:(