Early 08 Macbook Flash Fans....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by matthewlowery, Aug 6, 2010.

1. matthewlowery macrumors newbie

So I got my white macbook back in may last year, and its been okay since then. But I've noticed whenever I run anything flash-based, or things like youtube, vimeo, runescape, kongregate, the fans go absolutely crazy! They get so loud I have to turn my volume up to even hear the damn thing! If this is a problem with macbooks, I wont be buying another. if its just mine, I'll have to get it reparied someone. If its been fixed, well I guess I'll have to scramble together the ridiculous amount of money they cost.. :mad:

Anyone have any idea why the fans are doing that, and how to make them quieter?

2. Burnincoco macrumors member

OS X hates flash.
    be it on a Mac Pro or Mini.
    Just be happy to know it's not your computer.

3. Pax macrumors 6502a

What he said

Latest versions of Flash are supposed to be better. 10.1 codenamed "Gala" implements some hardware acceleration, but I'm not sure your Mac is supported. Check out this link

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/gala/

On my MBP using Gala halved the amount of CPU needed to watch the same movie - a huge gain.

4. Burnincoco macrumors member

Get Audio Hijack, google it
    It's an application that lets you turn your speakers up to past 11.

5. matthewlowery thread starter macrumors newbie

I did some research and mine is actually the early 09 model. Why does my friend's new macbook not have a problem with flash? He can run runescape on maximum graphics on full screen and you can't hardly hear the fans..

6. Pax macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you have the last of the non-unibody Macbooks and your friend has a unibody

Apple significantly improved the cooling system in the new unibody models, so the fan does not need to work nearly as hard when the CPU is busy.

I'm afraid all the old Macbooks are like yours, and all the new Macbooks are like your friends!

7. matthewlowery thread starter macrumors newbie

Dammit apple piss me off with all these updates every 3 months >.<

8. Pax macrumors 6502a

How dare they release new, better products?
    That's no way to run a business!
    :)