early 08 mbp card underclocked???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSpoody 1243, Dec 22, 2008.

1. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

my mbp gfx card clock speeds are
    core 375
    shader 750
    mem 502
    this seems weird cause i looked at wiki and found that the correct clock rate is core 475, shader 950, mem 800. just to ensure this i went on nvidias website to check what the correct clock speeds are. i found the running clock rates under bootcamp in nvidias control panel after i updated the notebook driver.
    okay so i am asking whats with this, are all mbps under clocked, how much of a performance decease is this over the speed its meant to run at????

2. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Yes, they are factory underclocked. If you want to know what the relative decrease is, simple math will tell you what the % difference is...

3. iSpoody 1243 thread starter macrumors 6502

omg, cause it is not like 25 or 50 mhz they took it down 100 and 200 for shader, omg this is a pain, so they take allot of the power out of the gpu just to fit it in this 1 inch case. so clocking it to the right speed would make it overheat more so than it does now? are all macs like this??

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah your computer is .95" thick. You want it to keep crashing or what? ;)

5. naid macrumors regular

Unless you're experiencing slow graphics, I wouldn't worry about it. The graphics card gets hot enough as is.