Early 2008 15" MBP Keyboard Clip

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NomadicTy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. NomadicTy macrumors regular

Hi, guys.

I got my 15" MBP's bunk nVidia video card (8600M GT) replaced the other day. It just totally died on me after living for years with a 2500 USD laptop with sleeping problems. Everything works now, but it seems the Authorized Service center may have glued the clip that "pops out" on the front side of the keyboard panel. I was going to put back my aftermarket HD, and now I can't take off the keyboard panel. I've done it before, so I'm not new to this. But last night, when I tried to pop the kb panel out, the front clips would not pop out at all. In fact, when I take a peek under the kb panel, one of the clips have broken off from the its part that is attached the kb panel. Now, when I put the mbp together, the left side of the front kb panel kind of sticks out.

Would it be possible to replace this clip without having to pay hundreds of dollars for a whole kb panel?

Does it require surgery just to replace the memory and hd in the new unibody mbp's? I'll NEVER buy another laptop where replacing the HD would require surgery again.

2. NomadicTy thread starter macrumors regular

BTW, from people's experience here, would taking the mbp to Apple instead to an Authorized Service center have made a difference in workmanship? Or at least, fixing the darn things while also making sure not to do more damage, cosmetic or otherwise?