Early 2008 2.4 vs Late 2008 2.0

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tex-Twil, Nov 27, 2008.

?

Which one ?

1. Early 2008 2.4

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. Late 2008 2.0

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

The new MacBook has much better graphics then the previous generation.

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I'd choose the new one due to trackpad, graphics, lcd backlighting, and style and design.

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Ditto!

5. California macrumors 68040

California

I'm still mad about no firewire. Also, it is very strange, and I have not seen anyone mention this issue, but after doing a back up on an external hard drive that has both usb and firewire (Macally enclosure) I can no longer detect the hard drive in my Powermac G5 so as to easily swap files from computer to computer

Not kidding. What is going on?

What I mean to say is that after doing a Time Machine back up on a hard drive from my new al MacBook that also had some of my Powermac G5 files on it, when I switch back to the Powermac, it no longer detects the external hard drive.

So I cannot swap files through an external hard drive from the new Mac book to my last revision Powermac.

WHAT is going on here? No firewire and now no easily swapped out files from one computer to another?

6. outasflyguy macrumors newbie

don't forget the late 2008 has ddr3 ram vs. the early 2008 and older has the ddr2 ram. :)

7. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

and now, what would you do if there is 150€ difference between them ? :)

8. oc2pus macrumors member

Don't mind the difference. I used both side-by-side and I felt the late 08 macbook feels snappier.
    Go for it...

9. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

ok :)

10. oren1 macrumors member

I'd choose the firewire and the better processor.

11. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Absolutely right on the firewire :D

Sure the processor is slower (in terms of cycles) but in a whole is in fact faster. It's benchmarked as slightly faster. Firstly, the front side bus is almost twice as fast and is at the same speed as the ram and the videocard. So, when doing things strictly inside the cpu, it might be a bit slower. But if it needs to talk to the ram or other components, the computer as a whole ends up being faster, there are no bottlenecks.

Not to mention that grand central should harness the power of the graphic card. And the rest of the design of the computer is brilliant. The trackpad is bloody awesome, aluminium body is great...

12. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Ordered the new MB for my girlfriend :p ... 1 month and a half after switching myself to a MBP ... yyeeaaahaaaa