Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
Hello,
My macbook is now around 2 years old going on 3 years coming this feb., so I am wondering what I should do with it keep or sell upgrade ect..?
My specs are as follows
2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram
150gb HD
Mac os 10.5.8

The battery still is excellent and besides that just gets hot after using for excess time which is normal.

so do i just upgrade this system or sell it buy new?
Also is there a cleaning guide for the keyboard/palm rest area?

and thank you for your input it means a great deal to me !
Glad there is a community out there like this one!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Another post bereft of helpful information.

Generally you upgrade your machine if you're having a performance problem with it. Are you having performance problem? Some program that is sucking up your RAM? Do you need a new computer? For what?

At first glance the most noticeable performance increase would come from doubling your RAM to 4 GB. Other than that there isn't much else you can do.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
Hello I am not having really any performance lag or issues from lack of ram, but I could always have a faster system. Only thing that bugs me is when the hard drive heats up and the fan kicks on.
Also anyone know the value of my system everything is perfect cosmetically and seemly so internally

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Hello I am not having really any performance lag or issues from lack of ram, but I could always have a faster system. Only thing that bugs me is when the hard drive heats up and the fan kicks on.
Also anyone know the value of my system everything is perfect cosmetically and seemly so internally

Use mac2sell.net to price your system.. I also compare to the prices in the Apple refurbished store too. Find a good in-between and use that.
Like my mid-late 08' MB Aluminum 2ghz goes for 550$ on mac2sell.. but on the refurb store it's 800-849$. I will be selling mine soon and will be pricing it at like 700. I also will probably sell my magic mouse and wireless aluminum kb. I will be upgrading to a new MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.