Early 2008 Macbook Pro battery options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johngardiner, Oct 29, 2009.

1. johngardiner macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    My battery on my early 2008 Macbook Pro (the one before the unibody) has gone kaput, and being out of warranty, I'm wondering what my best option is. Apple has new battery on their store for 150 or so but there must be a cheaper option. What have you guys done when your battery has worn down? Thanks a lot!

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

150? exaggerating are we? try 130, i usually find them for like 115 in the store. Apparently you dont google search, there are aftermarket batteries that are like 60, but thats about as cheap as they get. If you dont have many cycles try and take it in and see if you can wrangle another battery of them.

3. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

Just Google it - several 3rd party batteries show up in the $60-$70 range.

We have the same MBP... out of curiosity, has your battery crapped out on you already? Over the first 3-4 months mine dropped to 90% health, but has stayed there ever since. I calibrate about every other month.

4. johngardiner thread starter macrumors regular

I'm posting from Canada thus everything on the Apple store is more expensive... hence the 150 price. I'll take a look and see the options from third parties.. does anyone have a certain company they've tried and had success with? I don't want it crapping out after 20 cycles...