Early 2008 Macbook Pro vs Alu Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikethemovie, Nov 15, 2008.

1. mikethemovie macrumors member

Hey people,

Its been a while since posting..
    I received my brand new aluminium macbook a few days back.. I have early 2008 macbook pro as well.. The first thing i wanna say.. The new macbook looks incredibly sexy.. BUT..

I thinking about returning it.. :S
    It doesnt have to screen as my macbook pro.. The trackpad sucks and a half.. It doesnt fuction as i wanted it to be.. It doesnt register my click.. Sometimes it doesnt recognise my fingers.. I bought the standard 2.0.. I miss the backlight keyboard.. And its not that thinner than i thought i would be.. Also the keyboard.. I think the new macbook keys are a pain in the ass.. Very stiff.. I kind of love my macbook pro i guess..

The main reason is why i bought one, is that i wanted to have smaller machine, cos of my backproblems.. And i didnt need such a powerfull machine as my macbook pro.. But now i have it, i have fallen in love again on my macbook pro..

Comments are more then welcome.. How do you feel about it? Is there anyone who had the same experience..?

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You don't say what you use it for. If you already have the MBP, and do not wish to sell it or otherwise get rid of it, then I'm not sure that you need the MB. The MBP is an excellent machine, and the current MB, attractive though it is, comes nowhere near it. If portability/weight is your primary motivation for getting a MB, why not return it, and swop for a MBA, if money is no object? Otherwise, just return the MB.

Cheers