Early-2008 MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martin1636, Jan 31, 2008.

1. martin1636 macrumors newbie

What do you expect that the next release of the MacBook will feature?

I'm assuming this:
    (MacBook or MacBook 2 or BlackBook)
    CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2 or 2.4 or 2.6
    HDD (or SSD): 120 or 160 or 200
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2 RAM
    OD: SuperDrive
    Graphics: Intel GMA X4500 256 MB shared with main memory

What do you think?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

They won't have 2gb standard unless the MBP has 4gb standard. It won't, because 4gb won't be standard in the MBP until Apple offers an upgrade option to 8gb. So the MB will still have 1gb standard. It won't have a 2.6 processor until the slowest MBP has a 2.6 processor. Presuming the slowest MBP has a 2.4 processor, that's what the fastest MB will look like. The low end model will be a step behind that, so probably 2.2, with the mid model at 2.4. None of this will change unless the slowest MBP is upgraded. The graphics card will stay the same (it took them almost two years to update the GMA 950; the x3100 will be here for a while). The largest hard drive won't be any larger than that offered in the midline MBP, so either 160 or 200, probably 160. The low end will either stay at 80 or be pushed up to 120 if and only if the mid and higher ends are pushed to 160 and 200 respectively. Burning capabilities will remain unchanged across models. There will not be an SSD option for at least another year. Look for it as a BTO in the MBP first (which will be unlikely until capacities increase and prices decrease).

3. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

^wow, you're good. sounds pretty accurate to me.

4. ChaePod macrumors newbie

@heatmiser

Wow ur facts are sound very convincing and accurate. But u just destoryed my dreams :D

5. Mac Donald Duck macrumors newbie

x4500 gpu is scheduled to be released with new intel montevina tecnology in late 2008 macbook revision i think.

6. Fezzasus macrumors regular

Not likely, there wouldn't be any room for the MBP.

I'd say we will see the Combo drive finally disappear, small boost in cpu speeds and a case redesign. Everything else will stay the same.

7. Czechmac macrumors regular

The Intel X4xxx Graphics chip is part f Montevina chipset that wont be out until may therefore it cannot be in early 2008 macbook