Early 2008 MBP - Headphone out noisy in windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MusicallySilent, Jan 19, 2009.

1. MusicallySilent macrumors member

I am an owner of a 2.4ghz early 2008 MBP

I am running bootcamp 2.1 and XP SP3, there are a few noises in the headphone jack and I wondered if anyone had information on how to solve this problem, I was thinking maybe updating drivers would help (as that fixed an nvidia control panel brightness problem)

I hear a weird almost scratching staticy noise whenever an audio track is playing very quietly, it is hard to describe but it is there. With louder tracks it isn't noticeable but in quiet times it is extremely annoying, it happens with both headphones and speakers.

There is also the digital noises that occur whenever audio stops however they aren't horribly annoying for me at this point but I would prefer to not have them.

Neither of these problems occur in OSX save the soundcard powering off noise.

I am running the realtek drivers off of the apple DVD install and I was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to fix this problem or make it slightly better from setting changes to new drivers, I really want help with this problem.

I have already tried searching for a solution and havent been able to find one.

Thanks,

MS

2. MusicallySilent thread starter macrumors member

I might try changing drivers as that fixed a display whine problem in windows when I downgraded drivers so maybe ill try upgrading my drivers from realtek.

Any other ideas?