Early 2008 MBP resale price

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by titatom, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titatom macrumors regular

Hello all !

Not sure this is the right place for this thread, moderators : fell free to move this to the good section ! Could not find the "marketplace" :confused:

I am looking to upgrading my setup. I currently have a early 2008 15" MBP.

I am thinking of buying a MBA (not sure which one yet) and an iMac when the refresh comes around...

How much do you think I can get for my current laptop (specs in my signature) ? Is there a good website for price checks like this ?
    I saw some similar models on ebay for 1400 $ but I know that is not reasonnable at all...though I can still try :D

Thank you for your responses and your help !

Have a good one,

titatom

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

When checking ebay, it is always a good idea to search for "completed listings only" so you see what people are actually paying for items. You might find that some of those $1400 items show up in completed listings as red (not sold). Also make sure you closely examine listings to make sure the model you are comparing to is early 2008 like yours. If you put in too many search terms (such as your exact model number), you probably won't get enough listings so you have to do a little more work weeding out the dissimilar models once you get your results.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Marketplace Rules
    Can't Find or Access the Marketplace Forum?

4. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

It looks like it fetches between 750$ and 900$ which is much more than I expected...

I hear the early 2008 Ultimate 15" MBP was a very liked one by Mac users...It's a few years old now but still runs great, even on more demanding apps like Final Cut Pro or games like SC2...

By advertising a bit I might be able to get 1000$ and buy a 1500$ MBA for 1/3 of the price...

Thanks for your awnser, I didn,t know the "completed sales" option in ebay :)

5. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

6. Dimemaker macrumors newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.