Early 2009 17'' uMBP, issues started with upgrading to Snow Leopard...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djemyoudjel, Dec 9, 2009.

1. djemyoudjel macrumors newbie

djemyoudjel

Hello,

I have a problem with my uMBP 17''. I was really very pleased with my uMBP up until I switched to SL. After switching to SL, my uMBP got slower and started to freeze, with 10.6.2, my computer didn't even start.

However, my MBA just got better with 10.6.2.

I repaired disk and the permissions, formatted... several times but after a couple of days, my computer starts freezing...

Everything was good along with freezing and applications shutting down...
    I just turned of my computer and travelled back to home and now, all i see the grey screen and the loading icon with apple logo. it's there for hours, even after repairing the disk and the permissions. I am not able to go for safe boot, i booted from the dvd and that's it.

Shall I install it again? or Shall I wait until I get back to Miami an take it to the Apple store? Does anyone know why these things have happened?

And how does this work, should I schedule an appointment with Apple Store or do i have the chance to show up and leave it there anytime?

I bought my uMBP 17'' on March 2009 and I have an applecare.

2. Darth Cow macrumors newbie

Clearly some hardware on your computer is failing, so you should call Apple care or schedule an appointment to bring it in to an Apple store. From what you have described, I would guess it is your hard drive. I hope you have backed up your data! If not, you may still have recovery options but it will be more difficult.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Get a drive to backup any files you're going to be able to get off it, if you don't already have a backup (could try target disk mode). THen make an appointment.

4. djemyoudjel thread starter macrumors newbie

djemyoudjel

In this case, I should just take it back to the store once I get back to USA.
    Thanks guys.

5. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

This. My early '09 17" is running like a powerhouse with SL.

6. djemyoudjel thread starter macrumors newbie

djemyoudjel

I dont know whats wrong with mine, it just started to get slower and cranky.. Freezing all the time and i'm not even able to see my desktop anymore, thanks to the grey screen.

My old white iMAC runs like a powerhouse on SL, as well as my MBA, but something is wrong with the uMBP.