Early 2009 Alum Macbook battery question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kelv1ntran, Dec 21, 2009.

1. kelv1ntran macrumors member

so i have an early 2009 aluminum macbook and i do not have applecare. my 1 year is about to expire and i'm in the process of getting applecare. but besides the point lets get to the question

my battery's health right now is 92% with 130 cycles i was wondering, is this enough to warrant apple giving me a new battery? for some reason it doesn't feel like it can go for very long off the charger (about 3 hours give or take but i remember when i got it it was almost 5) maybe snow leopard? i don't know just a question though i'm debating if i should set up an appointment with the genius bar to ask them about it but its a good drive.

i have searched mroogle already and they said as long as its under 90% with under 300 cycles.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Normally the battery has to have less than 80% of its original capacity (also called health, therefore less than 80% health) in less than 300 cycles.

So you're out of luck getting a replacement. It's normal for batteries to degrade. Some degrade faster than others though.
    My MacBook (white, 2008) has 186 cycles and 96-100% health.

And 8% health loss shouldn't result in 2 hours battery usage reduction.

Have a look at Activity Monitor with all processes shown to see what process(es) might use more CPU time than you would like.