Early 2009 Macbook 13" fan issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ndassassin, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ndassassin macrumors newbie

Hi guys, my early 2009 Macbook has been having some fan issues. When I do something processor intensive and the fan gets to around 4000-5000 rpms it sounds like the fan is hitting something. It almost sounds like my macbook is going to take off! It is very annoying and I am concerned that it is going to ruin something else. I have Applecare however I don't have the time to send them my Mac since I need it for college at the moment and I don't have another computer to use. Do you think I should get this resolved immediately or is it ok if I wait until I don't need it as much? Is this a known issue?

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

If the fan is making abnormal sounds then I would take it to the Apple store for a consultation. If Apple doesn't have the part in-stock then they may be able to order it and you can hold on to your computer while the part is in the mail. I would imagine that they could do the repair in-store. If it's going to take more time then you have, go ahead and use the computer, but I would try not to get the fan to spin up too much to prolong its remaining life.