Price Advice Early 2009 White Macbook Value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nrus007, Jul 24, 2012.

1. nrus007 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am going to sell my three year old White Macbook in the next week or so and I'd like to sort out a valuation so any help provided would be much appreciated. It's running Snow Leopard, has 2GB of RAM, a 160GB Hard Drive and has a 2GHz Core 2 Duo processor.

I'd say that the cosmetic condition is rather good, with general scratches to the body etc. The battery life and its health are still good, but there is a problem with the screen. It only works at certain angles, but it still usable as I use it pretty much every day and is the only real problem that the laptop has.

It's a difficult problem to describe but basically the screen sometimes goes dark and needs adjusting, but it's only an occasional problem and is fine once you have gotten used to it. Any ideas on what it could be worth? I'm from England so I think in pounds not dollars. Thanks in advance.

If you need any other information please don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of memory.

Nathan :D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.