Early 2010 15" MBP vs Current 13' MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amenze, Sep 11, 2011.

1. amenze macrumors newbie

After a good 4 and a half years with my Blackbook it has finally died.

I know there is rumors of a redesign of the MBP but i am not in a position where i can wait unfortunately.

The two choices i'm looking at are:

15" Early 2010 MPB from the refurb store
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FC371B/A

or

Current 13" MBP also from the refurb store
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FC700B/A

I will be using the computer for Photoshop, Illustrator, a very small amount of video editing but not enough where time would be an issue and also playing football manager.

Can anyone offer any pros and cons on the two, ideally future proofing and performance comparisons.

Thanks,

2. Liquinn Suspended

I presume the current 13" would be better since it's the most recent than the 2010 15" (and you don't really want to buy something that's almost 2 years old?) That's my opinion. Though saying that I'd personally get the 15" if it does suit your needs as you get more screen estate; but are you OK with buying something that's coming up to be 2 years old? Or you could go for the 13" and hook it up with an external display or two (I think).

Cheers, hope this helps.

3. amenze thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers, some good points made, i also just had another look and realised it is a dual core i5 not quad.

Thanks,

4. Liquinn Suspended

That 2010 is quite cheap, but the processor should be better in the 13" than the 15" and the benchmarks should say the 13" 2011 is better than the 15" 2010. Teehee.

5. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

The 15" has a discrete GPU with dedicated memory, worth noting if your considering gaming or anything graphics intensive on the machine