Early 2011 13" avg. idle temp increase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by C-DAWG, May 3, 2011.

1. C-DAWG macrumors newbie

This may be a ridiculous, stupid question but I gotta ask. Recently, I have noticed that my average idle temperature has increased from the high 30's C to the high 40's C. I've also noticed that while playing counterstrike source, the avg. temp has gone up from about 90 degrees C to around 94-95 degrees. I guess I really noticed it after I installed a 120 GB OWC SataIII drive. I did a clean install of the OS, ran the software updater and then brought over my programs and files using time machine. A few days/weeks go by and I noticed that my idling temperatures have creeped up by about 10 degrees C. It doesn't appear that any programs are running out of control in the background. I have provided screenshots of both my activity monitor and of safari up with the temperature display of smcfancontrol showing at the top. Any ideas as to why this would/could be the case? I'm not really anal about the temperature itself, I'm just wondering what could account for the increase in average temperature. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Clinton

Attached Files:

2. oButto macrumors member

Kind might be an obvious question...But since it's spring and everything...Is the weather getting warmer in your area? This might explain subtle changes.

3. C-DAWG thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been using the computer in the same location since I got it, which is in a climate controlled environment. Yes, outside it is warmer, but inside it has been the same temperature all along.

I uninstalled flash (if you notice in the picture it says the flash is running in safari, even though I only had it on non-flash websites) and after doing so, the temps seemed to have gone back down to the previous temperature range.