Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13

exizeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
2.3Ghz i5 Dual, 4GB RAM 1333, and 320GB HDD.

If say I were to sell with only the Mac, charger, and box, would it sell? And could I sell for $650-700?

The MacBook is in nearly perfect condition, there's only a single nick on the aluminum, behind the trackpad, beside the notch to open the macbook. No scratches or dents.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Any warranty remaining?

With no warranty, I'd say $550-600; if there is some warranty remaining perhaps $50 more.

The problem you'll have is twofold: it's not a retina and there are Mid-2012 13" MBPs selling in the range you're looking for. And the Mid-2012 versions have USB3 and significantly better integrated graphics.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Any warranty remaining?

With no warranty, I'd say $550-600; if there is some warranty remaining perhaps $50 more.

The problem you'll have is twofold: it's not a retina and there are Mid-2012 13" MBPs selling in the range you're looking for. And the Mid-2012 versions have USB3 and significantly better integrated graphics.
No, my warrantee expired a long time ago.

If I could get some cheap 8GB of ram, how much would that be able to increase the value?

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
No, my warrantee expired a long time ago.

If I could get some cheap 8GB of ram, how much would that be able to increase the value?
Not enough to matter, unfortunately.

You've got a good machine - it's probably worth more to you than anyone else.

If you're selling it to upgrade to a retina or other newer machine, understand there are/were a lot of people doing the same thing. And you're still going to be up against the two big challenges I mentioned previously - it's not a retina, and you're competing with a wide range of 13" non-retina MBPs. The Late 2011 model isn't that big a jump, but the Mid-2012 is, and has significant value relative to an Early or Late 2011, particularly with USB3 and improved graphics.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Not enough to matter, unfortunately.

You've got a good machine - it's probably worth more to you than anyone else.

If you're selling it to upgrade to a retina or other newer machine, understand there are/were a lot of people doing the same thing. And you're still going to be up against the two big challenges I mentioned previously - it's not a retina, and you're competing with a wide range of 13" non-retina MBPs. The Late 2011 model isn't that big a jump, but the Mid-2012 is, and has significant value relative to an Early or Late 2011, particularly with USB3 and improved graphics.
Then I guess selling will be a challenge...but wouldn't a 2012 Model sell for 800-1000, instead of the 600-700 I'm going for?

edit: How much do you think it would depreciate if I were to sell it later, after Broadwell? Or should I sell it now, and use an older computer for the few months until Broadwell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.