Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HairBear, Jan 6, 2017.

1. HairBear macrumors newbie

I called the Apple support about my MacBook Pro that is over 5 years old informing them I needed a battery. I provided the S/N and informed them it's an early 2011. They made an appointment me to visit an Apple Store

The Apple Store looked at my MBP and informed me it was over 5 years old and was considered obsolete. They could not service it or sell me a battery b/c it was over 5 years old......REALLY!

When I called it in they knew it was over 5 years old....At that point how about telling me it was considered obsolete and they will not service it!!!

The bottom line is the Apple support wasted my time and I should have just gone online to purchase the battery!

2. SoloXis macrumors newbie

Do be aware of the condition of your new battery if you purchase it online. I got one for my 15-inch 2011 MBP and the battery was slightly bloated, causing it to press against my trackpad when I installed it. I have a feeling some of the "brand new" batteries sold online have been in storage for a long time.

3. HairBear thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice! I was told to look at this site for a battery --> https://www.ifixit.com/

Any thought about getting a battery from ifixit??

4. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I have the same computer and the same issue. The battery only lasts about 2 hours. But Apple Store did let me know on the phone that they don't carry the batteries at all anymore. I've just been using my laptop plugged in for now.. dunno if $130 is worth it.