Early 2011 Macbook Pro Windows 7 Wireless Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shinderhizzle84, Jan 30, 2012.

1. shinderhizzle84 macrumors member

Hey all! So, I'm wondering if anyone on here knows anything about wireless networks. I've been having this issue for several months now and don't really know what to do about it.

So, about 5 months ago, I would say, my family switched ISP's to a crappy local cable company. I have had my Macbook Pro since it came out in early 2011. It is a 2.3 GHZ 13" Model. Up to the point where my family switched ISP's about 5 months ago, I had never had any internet problems whatsoever.

Now, I need to mention that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate via Boot Camp, and this problem only occurs on my Windows 7 partition and not on my Mac OS X partition. Not only that, but my family all owns Macs that do NOT have Boot Camp installed, and nobody else in my household has this issue. On top of THAT, my friends consistently come over and use their Windows 7 laptops on my wireless network without any issues whatsoever. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that this issue is probably an issue that has to do with my Boot Camp installation.

Here's what's happening: Rather frequently, and very inconsistently, although mainly while using up more than a little bandwidth, my computer's wireless internet connection will disconnect me from my home's wireless internet connection saying that the connection is limited or is that there is no internet access. This forces me to have to exit whatever it is that I am doing and disconnect and then re-connect myself to my home's wireless network.

Now, this problem all started, as I said, roughly 5 months ago when my family switched ISPs. However, the problem is not with the ISP, because about 2 months ago, we switched BACK to the ISP that we used to have (the one that I never had any problems with) and I'm STILL having the same problem. We've even switched modems and routers and I'm still having this issue. I have a Mac Mini that I've been running Windows 7 on via boot camp for even longer than my Macbook Pro and have never had this issue. The issue seems to only be on my macbook pro's windows 7 boot camp installation.

I tried making a thread a while ago on DSLreports.com asking for some help...nobody seemed really sure what to do. However, someone DID ask me to run a test by pinging a couple of things using Command Prompt. I did so, and here are my results:

First, I sent a pingtest to the following IP Address:

This ping test timed out almost instantly and continued to do so each time Command Prompt tried to re-connect.

I then sent a ping test to my router's IP Address, and this ping test succeeded almost instantly. So, my computer can ping to my router but not to the other address that I still don't really know what connects to.

Regardless, I'm wondering if anyone knows of this error and whether or not anyone knows how to fix it. I'm so freaking sick of playing an MMO and getting randomly disconnected and having to restart the whole game (which takes forever on my computer since I have no RAM whatsoever) just because of some stupid internet glitch.

Oh, and just as a last little note, I have, in fact, tried deleting the partition and re-installing using my Windows 7 install disc and the install disc that came with my macbook pro, and am still having the issue. And again, my Mac Mini, that used the EXACT same copy of Windows 7 that I used on my Macbook Pro, does not and has never had this issue.

Does anyone know how to help me? Thank you!

2. Tomo442 macrumors newbie

I have the same model macbook pro as you, also running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I have the exact same problem. My internet as absolutely fine when on Mac, and none of my family experience any disconnects when I do on bootcamp. Did you ever find a solution?