Early 2011 MacBook Pro won't boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tulip0852, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tulip0852 macrumors newbie

Hi, my early 2011 MBP 15" A 1286 won't boot up.
    When I switch the machine on the apple logo comes up and a bar on the bottom of the screen comes up, after a wee while the rotating thingy comes up, then both disappear and the machine switches itself off shortly after.

I have tried booting from another drive by pressing the alt key as the machine has two partitions with each OS10.8.2 on it, one for general work and one for Protools. The available boot drives come up but after selecting the relevant drive the same thing happens. I have tried safe mode, same thing happens.

I've also tried to boot from a OSX 10.8 CD but to no availe and now the CD is stuck in my CD drive.

I am desperate to get my machine back on the road as I'm in the middle of a recording project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob:confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, does not come on a DVD, unless you created one yourself (or a friend did).
    Do you mean your grey Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Restore DVD by any chance? Have you any kind of backup? Did you try CMD+R during bootup? Is there an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repairshop/Reseller near you?