Early 2011 MB pro battery issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lykosnightwolf, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lykosnightwolf macrumors newbie

Have had my new MB Pro for 3 weeks now and with a webpage + word document open but I'm getting around 3 hours battery life. Brightness is set to 50%, bluetooth is off, graphics is set to automatic switching. I'm very confused, any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. LostParadox macrumors member

It really depends on what your doing with your Mac book pro. If your browsing a lot of web pages with flash it drains quicker or using apps that use your gfx card or a large amount of CPU. If your using it non stop 3 hours are not bad

3. lifeinhd macrumors 65816

lifeinhd

Charge it up, let it idle until dead, wifi on, screen 50%. If it still doesn't last very long (in theory it *should* exceed Apple's posted 7-hours-of-web-browsing spec) take it in to Apple for service.

4. XandeR803 macrumors member

Which browser are you using? Firefox and Chrome both use the discrete gpu cutting the battery life in half. Safari doesn't have this problem. In general, I feel like the graphics switching is wonky in Lion leading to a lot of battery issues. Hopefully apple sorts it out soon.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Do the websites you're visiting contain Flash? Which browser are you using? This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Especially read the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section in the link above.