Early 2011 MBP issues (any suggestions?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChrisTX, May 18, 2013.

1. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So I have been having intermittent issues with my Mac for a while now, but usually not enough for me to worry. Now it has just gotten extremely worse as of late. It is extremely laggy at times, it has been overheating while performing such mundane tasks as browning the web, and it won't back up with time machine(or at least tries to, but takes FOREVER!). I've been able to deal with the sluggishness, but the overheating is what has me concerned. Any ideas or suggestions before I take it in to an Apple genius? :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

3. ChrisTX, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Thanks for the timely response, will do!

EDIT: No Page Outs or Swap Used, and The only processes using the most memory, and cpu is Safari, and Activity monitor. I did shut down my Mac completely, and reboot so I'm sure that helped a little. It's not overheating at the moment, but I'll make sure, and follow these steps again once it does! Thanks for the tips, this has helped a bunch!

4. simsaladimbamba

Have you selected to SHOW ALL PROCESSES while checking for CPU activity? And what actual temperatures (Celsius or Kelvin or Fahrenheit) do you experience? If the Mac would overheat, it would not, as it would shut down before doing so in order to protect itself of overheating.
    You can use this full software to check for temps.