Early 2011 MBP - Minor stutter when coming out of sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uptownnyc, Oct 24, 2012.

1. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

I've got an Early 2011 15" MacBook Pro i7 that I put a OCZ Vertex 3 into on day one. Since I've owned it, it's never hesitated or felt at all sluggish until recently I've noticed a slight change.

When I open the laptop lid, and it comes out of sleep mode, I used to instantly get my password prompt. Now, I notice a slight lag where it takes a couple seconds before the password box will accept any input.

The only thing I can potentially tie it to is an incident recently where I'd tried to load a PAL DVD from another country into my machine. The laptop didn't recognize the disc, it wouldn't even eject the disc, and I had to do some forced power-downs and the a bunch of reboots to finally get the thing out of my drive. I want to say this problem began when that happened, but I may be wrong.

I've checked the health of my SSD and the things I know to check look fine. Is there anything else I could check that might indicate what the cause of that minor stutter is? I suppose it could just be a Mountain Lion update that also caused it, but I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have that would let me check the health of my machine or my SSD.

Thanks

2. mgsnat75 macrumors member

I have this issue as well on my rMBP. Everything seems normal but there are times where it gives me a blue screen before the login screen comes on. Does anyone know if i go to the apple store they could do an on the spot diagnostic?