Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
MO
I just bought an early 2011 13" Pro, and there is a white mark on the screen that I can't get off. I can't feel it on the screen either, it almost seems to be between the glass and panel. Is this even possible?

Are there any stronger cleaning solutions that will not affect the anti reflective coating?

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
MO
I just tried taking a picture with my iPhone, couldn't get anything in focus. My friend has a nice camera, i'll try to post something tomorrow. Thanks anyways

Reactions: Sanpete

ressac

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
it might be dust/scratch? my old 2011 has some dust under the screen, is it noticeable when you using it?

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
MO
it might be dust/scratch? my old 2011 has some dust under the screen, is it noticeable when you using it?

Yes its very noticeable. Is about the size of a 3x3 spot of pixels, and with the low resolution of the 2011, that's decent sized. There weirdest part is that it is a white-ish color.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
It probably a screen Mura (white patch) it's a problem with LCD screens that can happen with age. There are a few diy fixes around but if you can't capture it on an iPhone I'd just ignore it it can't be that bad, it's always a possibility buying second hand LCD screens of any type. If it's bright on a black background then it's a dead pixel nothing you can do about that.

You could try this

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ht-spots-on-your-lcd-led-panel-screen.764051/

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
MO
It probably a screen Mura (white patch) it's a problem with LCD screens that can happen with age. There are a few diy fixes around but if you can't capture it on an iPhone I'd just ignore it it can't be that bad, it's always a possibility buying second hand LCD screens of any type. If it's bright on a black background then it's a dead pixel nothing you can do about that.

You could try this

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ht-spots-on-your-lcd-led-panel-screen.764051/

Definitely not a dead pixel, it's clearly visible with the screen off. I don't think it is related to the pixels, because it's not shaped like them. It's somewhat circular. It looks like a paint splash on the screen, except you can't feel it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.