Early 2013 15" rMBP 2.4ghz 8gb 256ssd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SoftTacos, Nov 13, 2014.

1. SoftTacos macrumors newbie

My HP laptop is on its last limbs and I am looking to jump ship from windows to a mac for quite some time now.

I recently came across a local listing for a brand new sealed early 2013 15" rMBP 2.4ghz 8gb 256ssd asking $1300. Is this a good deal or should I shell out on a newer base 15" 16gb haswell model?

2. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Now the machine could be sealed but will it have apple warranty? The price seems reasonable but make sure you check apple's refurbished website. I have rarely heard a person complain about apple refurbished products. It comes with one year warranty and you can't tell if it's new or refurbished!

3. cjmillsnun, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014

cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Unless you're getting it from an Apple Authorised reseller I would be wary, as stated above, there would be no warranty.

If it is from an Apple Authorised reseller and is just some old stock they had left, then go right ahead. It's a cracking price, and by emailing Apple the purchase receipt from the store, you will be able to get the full 12 month unlimited warranty and the option to buy AppleCare should you want it.